Monday, April 28, 2014

Five New Releases form Sayuri's Beyond The Shadows Collection

artificial lighting


I have five beautiful new release polishes to share today, these are a part of their new collection, Beyond the Shadows. They are available from Wednesday 30th April, 7:30pm AEST. Price: $9.95 each. Holos are $10.95 (this includes Love's Lustre, State of Radiance, and Kaleidoscopic). Whole collex is $79.95. You can purchase and browse Sayuri polishes on their website, or follow on Facebook to read the latest news.

 The creative genius, Anthea, the face behind the Sayuri brand explains the collection inspiration.

The Beyond The Shadows collection was inspired by the different looks that many colours possess when exposed to sunlight versus the shadows. Each polish contains an effect or glitter that will really pop in the sunlight, and each name relates to the light in some way. Colour inspiration was drawn predominantly from Pantone’s fashion colours for 2014. The collection contains 9 polishes in total

I have 5 of the 9 to show you today. I did have problems with the weather so these photos are a mix of artificial and natural light to show you the true colours and features of the polishes.

First up is this beautiful blue/teal glitter crelly named Refraction. The base is more teal than the artificial lighting photos show, so I managed to capture some in natural light. This polish is full of glitter, there are deep blue small hexes, tiny holo silver hexes, with a holo shimmer running through the polish. Now while it's full of glitter it applies like a dream. It was simply a matter of painting two coats on. The dry time was great and the glitter required no fishing, the right amount came out on the brush every time.I also love that it only required one coat of top coat to make it smooth and glossy. So while the glitter is plentiful it didn't affect application at all.

artificial lighting




WOWZERS. The second polish today is a stunner! This is State of Radiance, such an appropriate name :). The colour is beautiful, it's a pink berry red that looks more red in some lights and a hint of deep pink in others. Application was simple and the formula just wonderful. I am wearing three thin coats, I have a little visible nail line but that is very common in red polishes. As you can see it isn't even that noticeable in the photos. I love that this polish looks pretty in the shade and then it hits the sun and again, sorry, but wowzers! It's just gorgeous and sparkly. I love it!




artificial lighting

Polish number 3 is much more subtle than State of Radiance but equally as beautiful. If you've been reading here awhile you'd know I love soft feminine neutral polishes. This polish named Archaic Light definitely fulfils my love of that type of polish. With a nude creme base it has subtle gold flakes, bronze glitter and small lavender flakes. All subtle but the colours pop enough to make it pretty and feminine. Application was again flawless and as easy as painting a coat on, allowing it to dry and painting another coat one. One coat of top coat and again it had a smooth and glossy finish. I know I will be wearing this one a lot.

artificial lighting

artificial lighting

artificial lighting

artificial lighting

Number 4 is a topper named Rainbow Shards. I don't often wear or purchase toppers but this one is gorgeous. I am wearing one thin coat over Zoya Pinta and honestly it's like I've dipped my nails in opal dust. The colours the iridescent shards reflect are stunning and really like the colours of an opal. Sometimes I find that toppers completely over power the polish underneath but Rainbow Shards enhances it, adding depth to a plain creme polish. The formula was excellent.

artificial lighting

artificial lighting

artificial lighting

artificial lighting

The last one I have to share today is Charmed Aurora. This is a pretty baby soft blue creme polish with a pink-red shimmer running through it. The shimmer is really visible on the nail which I love but completely camera shy in artificial light and only just hinted at the full effect in natural light. As a pastel creme application was flawless and I am wearing just two coats. There were no streaking issues and the shimmer really enhances the blue. A great creme polish with a little something extra, I love it!

I hope you've enjoyed a look into Sayuri's Beyond the Shadows Collection.






These polishes were sent to me for an honest review. All opinions are my own. Please note computer monitors may vary in colour display.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful review Theresa, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos/swatches! I am loving that State of Radiance. Love that look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refraction is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...