Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Essence Colour and Go Sweet or Nude? and French Manicure Brush - review


Today I have Essence Sweet or Nude? polish and an Essence French Manicure brush to review for you. I have to admit I've never done a French manicure successfully. I've attempted a couple of times with stickers and freehand but never been happy with the end result. I was a little nervous to see the brush in the postage bag and wasn't sure how I'd go using it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was super easy to use and the results are just great. 


This is the brush as you can see it has an arc in it that allows you to create the French manicure shape. The bristles are soft but strong enough to hold the shape when in use.

I used 2 coats of Essence Colour and Go 153 Sweet or Nude? I found that it applied evenly and the formula was great. This is a sheer polish and 2 coats was enough to have a nice build up of colour while still maintaining the sheerness. I was happy to see that this is a great nude colour on me, as it works very well with my skin tone. I then used a coat of top coat and allowed it to dry.



As per the instructions included, I painted a light gold directly on to the brush and then placed it over my nail and brushed upwards from the moon of the tip. It worked really well and left a great clear line. I have small nails so I found the brush fit well on my nails. On my wider nails it was easy to rotate the brush a little to cover all areas. I only used one coat of the light gold and I had the look I wanted. It really couldn't have been any easier. I cleaned the brush with non acetone remover, though instructions just say polish remover. I'm super impressed with the brush, it exceeded my expectations and I know I will be using it a lot in the future.


I finished off the look, as seen above, by painting an accent nail light gold and adding dotting tool flowers.

You can find out more information on Essence by visiting their website or the Heat Group Essence page, where you can find stockists or purchase products online. Essence Colour and Go polishes retail for $2.75 and the French Manicure Brush is $2.85 (prices from Priceline online).

These products were sent to me for an honest review. All opinions are my own. Please note computer monitors may vary in colour display.

3 comments:

  1. That looks fab! I saw those brushes not long ago and wondered how they'd actually work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I have that brush, I didn't realise that's how you were suppose to use it, I thought it was for clean up! What's the gold polish you're using?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...