Thursday, August 15, 2013

Guest Blogger - Courtney from Tales From the Makeup Bag

Today's guest blogger is the gorgeous Courtney from Tales From the Makeup Bag. I love this look with holo stamping! It adds a real pop to the nails.Thanks so much Courtney for sharing your mani with us :)




Hi everyone!

I'm pretty excited about doing a post for Theresa because I'm a big fan of her blog and love her nail art skittle manis! Unfortunately I am not particularly good at freehand nail art (due to lack of patience and my tendency to chuck a hissy fit if something doesn't work out). So, I decided that stamping was probably a better option for me, as it is relatively fool-proof if you use the right equipment.



I used OPI Pink Friday and Do You Lilac It for my bases. Then I decided to mix things up from my usual stamping with foil polishes and try stamping with holos instead.


For the stamping, I decided on Ozotic 513 (purple) and Color Club Halo-graphic (pink).
The Ozotic seemed to stamp better and stood out more than than the Color Club but overall I quite liked the mani.


Then, as is often the case with me, I decided to check Instagram while waiting for my nails to dry.
I then managed to bump my nails which led to a hissy fit and a change of mani – A England St George and Lady of the Lake:

1 comment:

  1. Courtney this is hilarious - I especially love the hissy fit - have seen those from you LOL
    But in all honesty - fantastic job stamping with holos - it can be a bit tricky!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...