Monday, February 25, 2013

Aussie Nails Monday - Favourite Brand - Zoya


The theme for Aussie Nails Monday this week is favourite brand. Mine hands down is Zoya. Not only are they 5 free, they have an incredible formula and a huge range of colours and finishes. I haven't come across a Zoya nail polish that hasn't applied beautifully

Sometimes there are problems with Zoya shrinking when used with a fast dry top coat. This is because of a chemical called Cellulose acetate butyrate. Long name but because of Zoya's formula any base coats or top coats that contain this chemical react with Zoya. Of course most quick dry top coats contain cellulose acetate butyrate. There is a much better explanation by All Lacquered Up that you can see here

For me I use Zoya Anchor base coat for all my mani's as I find it the best one to use. My favourite quick dry top coat is HK Girl, it does not have the same negative impact on Zoya as Seche Vite but still causes a small degree of shrinkage. The shrinkage is far more of a problem in Zoya polishes that aren't creams. For creams I can safely use HK Girl as long as I remember to wrap my tips for every coat. For the foils etc  I use Zoya Anchor top coat. If I'm in a hurry I leave it to dry for about 5 minutes and then use HK girl. If it's a mani I want to last a long time I will just use the Zoya top coat and try and be patient. :)


For this look I have used the gorgeous Zoya Song, such a beautiful blue! Then I added a top coat of Zoya Gilty an 18K gold flake top coat. I find the gold doesn't ever photograph well enough to show it's true beauty. Trust me it is stunning in real life. 

Happy Monday and please remember to visit the other bloggers take on Aussie Nails Monday.







Members:


Adelle1985 (Instagram)

JennLojko (Instagram)

Lovessweetas (Instagram)

Mckfresh (Instagram)

DamoJess (instagram)

Lili_Bete (Instagram)

polished_off (Instagram)

jennersx (Instagram)

thepolishedclaw (Instagram)





2 comments:

  1. Oh, I haven't tried any of Zoya polishes but I would love to!
    x Court
    www.madeinmarcelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...